Welcome to Whispa.
Some of you may be thinking, "another file sharing platform?". You would be right. Whispa is another file sharing platform, in fact - it's a very simple file sharing platform at that too. Whispa came to life while I was working in the office one day and noticed that it's difficult to find a file sharing service to send attachments to other companies which does not fit into the categories below;
- Website smothered with ads, or pop-ups telling you to turn your ad-blocker off.
- Forcing you to sign up to the service before allowing you to share files.
- No simple way to remove files once it has been uploaded.
- Waiting time to download the file that has been uploaded (in 2019!).
After noticing this, I thought of a couple of options. My first thought was to just create a local NextCloud instance and use that to share files, but that still is not quick and easy if I have to log in each time I want to upload and share my files. After that, I thought "why not just build one?" and so Whispa was born.
With Whispa I want to combat the issues above by sticking to the following goals;
- No advertisements on Whispa and if they really are needed, then ensure they are discreet and can be blocked.
- No sign-ups. Accounts are not needed (and are not actually available) on Whispa, we are keeping it simple.
- Allow you to remove your files after upload, and it will be purged from our server once you choose to delete it.
- Show simple statistics from your files, this will be added within the coming weeks.
- No waiting times, ever. This will never be added as a restriction to Whispa, the same with speed limits.
- Keep it lightweight. Whispa will always be a simple, privacy-first file sharing platform.
Over the next few weeks we have quite a few features that we would like to add into Whispa which we are excited for, we will soon introduce a simple roadmap showing what these are.
Until then, we hope you find Whispa useful and feedback is always welcomed.